Link to SBH Clubmark Document – Club Mark Updated 13 January 2021
Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers is one of the few athletics clubs in England that achieved the full Clubmark status with accreditation from England Athletics. Our Clubmark is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that the club operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards and demonstrates the commiment made by our club to develop high quality, welcoming environments for all athletes.
The Clubmark status demonstrates that SBH have a commitment to the development of athletics club which encourages people to take-up sport, improve their talents and initiate and maintain life-long participation in sport.
England Athletics have decided not to continue to undertake the accreditation of the Clubmark scheme. However, SBH feel it is benificial to maintain our Clubmark document to ensure we continue to use best practise and adopt model policies for the safety and enjoyment of all.
The SBH Clubmark covers four key areas:
- Duty of Care and Safeguarding and Protecting Club Members
- Knowing Your Club and its Community
- Club Management
Benefits to the club
- Improved infrastructure – the club have set policies and procedures in place. In the long run this benefits the club and makes it easier to run
- Increased membership
- Retain members – the SBH Clubmark should create a positive environment which improves the experience for members
- Links with schools – increasingly, schools are looking for guarantees of quality and the presence of child-friendly systems and procedures
Benefits to members
- Reassurance for members and parents – our SBH Clubmark demonstrates we have the correct welfare and safeguarding policies in place
- A welcoming and well managed club environment
- Structured pathway