Code of Practice for Athletes Coached at StoneX Stadium – Before you commence being Coached please download this document and sign it accordingly SBH Code of Practice for Athletes Coached at Allianz Park January 2019
Code of Conduct for Athletes
As a responsible athlete you will be expected to:
* Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every athlete, coach, technical official and others involved in athletics and treat everyone equally.
* Uphold the same values of sportsmanship off the field as you do when engaged in athletics.
* Cooperate fully with others involved in the sport such as coaches, technical officials, team managers, doctors, physiotherapists, sport scientists and representatives of the governing body in the best interests of the yourself and other athletes.
* Consistently promote positive aspects of the sport such as fair play and never condone rule violations or the use of prohibited or age-inappropriate substances.
* Anticipate and be responsible for your own needs including being organised, having the appropriate equipment and being on time.
* Inform your coach of any other coaching that you are seeking or receiving.
* Always thank the coaches and officials who enable you to participate in athletics.
As a responsible Athlete, when participating in or attending any athletics activities, including training/coaching sessions and competition events you will:
* Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others.
* Avoid swearing and abusive language and irresponsible behaviour including behaviour that is dangerous to yourself or others, acts of violence, bullying, harassment and physical and sexual abuse.
* Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language by others.
* Never engage in any inappropriate or illegal behaviour.
* Avoid destructive behaviour and leave athletics venues as you find them.
* Not carry or consume alcohol to excess and/or illegal substances.
* Avoid carrying any items that could be dangerous to yourself or others excluding athletics equipment used in the course of your athletics activity.
In addition, athletes, especially young athletes and vulnerable adults, should follow these guidelines on safe participation in athletics
* Notify a responsible adult if you have to go somewhere (why, where and when you will return).
* Do not respond if someone seeks private information unrelated to athletics such as personal information, home life information.
* Strictly maintain boundaries between friendship and intimacy with a coach or technical official.
* Never accept lifts in cars or invitations into homes on your own without the prior knowledge and consent of your parent/carer.
* Use safe transport or travel arrangements.
* Report any accidental injury, distress, misunderstanding or misinterpretation to your parents/carers and club Welfare officer as soon as possible.
* Report any suspected misconduct by coaches or other people involved in athletics to the club welfare officer as soon as possible.